Whether or not you have a link to share, be sure to read April's AMAZING interview with poet Janet Wong here on our TeachingAuthors blog. Janet generously shares an exercise in simile-writing that both teachers and aspiring writers will appreciate. And you can enter to win one of THREE autographed copies of Janet's latest book, Declaration of Interdependence: Poems for an Election Year.
Here's today's Interview Wednesday round-up so far:
- Over at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them) Tara Lazar has a great interview with author Ame Dyckman on the release of her new picture book, Boy and Bot (Knopf Books for Young Readers), illustrated by Dan Yaccarino. You can also enter to win a copy of the book.
- The Literary Rambles blog has an interesting interview with Jennifer Nielsen about her young adult novel, The False Prince (Scholastic). You can enter to win a copy of that book, too.
- As part of the Cynsations Bologna 2012 author interview series, Cynthia Leitich Smith has an interview with Kathleen Ahrens, author, SCBWI International Advisor Chair, and Professor at Hong Kong Baptist University.
- The official SCBWI blog features an interview with Candace Fleming, winner of the Golden Kite Nonfiction award for Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart.
- Myra Garces-Bacsal at Gathering Books shares links to a two-part interview with award-winning author Margarita Engle. The first part looks into Margarita's latest novel-in-verse The Wild Book. In the second part, Margarita speaks about the women and the poetry in her writings .
- Jeanette Stickel at SpeakWell, ReadWell shares a link to her interview with Anna McQuinn about her picture-book series, Lola at the Library, Lola Loves Stories, and the newest addition, Lola Reads to Leo.
- Jone at Deo Writer shares her interview with author and editor Renée La Tulippe.
- And speaking of Renée, she has two poet interviews on her No Water River blog, one with Amy Ludwig VanDerwater and the other with Laura Purdie Salas. Also, in honor of Poetry Month, Renée is sponsoring a giveaway of the beautiful picture book This House, written by J. Patrick Lewis and illustrated by Roberto Innocenti.
- Barbara Younger at Friend for the Ride shares another Cynsations interview, this one with Barbara's agent, Erzsi Deak. You have to check it out if only to see the photo of the crocodile!
- Laurisa White Reyes of A Thousand Wrongs shares three recent author interviews on her blog, with J. Anderson Coats, Marissa Burt, and Anne Nesbet.
- Bruce Black of Wordswimmer shares an interview with Barney Saltzberg, who offers some helpful insights into how writers might view their "mistakes" as opportunities for new ways of seeing the world.
- Moonduster at Imagine! Create! Write! blog shares an interview with author Genevieve Petrillo and Cupcake the Blogging Dog. :-)
- Jan Greenberg at INK: Interesting Nonfiction for Kids has an interview with award-winning nonfiction author Marlene Targ Brill.
- And I just discovered that Sylvia Vardell is doing a month-long series of interviews with poets in honor of Poetry Month on her Poetry for Children blog.
1.The interviews must be with someone in the field of children’s/young adult literature, including authors, illustrators, editors, agents, and librarians.
2. Interviews may feature writing tips, illustration tips, cyber tips, etc., as long as the information pertains to children's/young adult literature.
3. Interviews may be written, audio, or video.