Today closes out our Three Weeks of Thanks-Giving. See below for my round-up of posts and thank-you notes. If you haven't shared your link/comment yet, you can still do so. I'll update this post later with any additional links/emails we receive. And don't forget--today's the last day to enter for a chance to win a copy of the 2015 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market (CWIM) containing my interview roundup article, "Writing for Boys (and other 'Reluctant Readers')." See my November 7 post for all the details.
Thanksgiving is over for most people (and many are busy celebrating the more recent American ritual of "Black Friday"). However, I'm getting ready to celebrate our second Thanksgiving this week, this one with my husband's family gathering here in our home. This two-Thanksgivings-in-one-week tradition started years ago when my son was young. When my husband and I were first married, we actually spent Thanksgiving day with both our families, eating an early meal at one home and then driving to eat a second Thanksgiving dinner at another. After our son was born, we realized that was no longer practical. My in-laws came up with a simple solution: scheduling their family gathering on a different day, usually the weekend before or after Thanksgiving. Over the years, I've been very grateful to be able to celebrate fully with both sides of the family. So, while some of you may be gearing up for the December holidays, I'll be cleaning and cooking in preparation for Thanksgiving #2. That's why I'm keeping this post short. J
Here are the links to the Three Weeks of Thanks-Giving blog posts:
- Nov. 7: my initial post containing my Thanku called "Thanks-Giving"
- Nov. 7: Jan Godown Annino shared a post called Appreciations on her Book Seed Studio blog.
- Nov. 8: Margaret Simon shared her wonderful "Thanku to Roux" along with a student Thanku at her blog, Reflections on the Teche.
- Nov. 10: Mary Ann Rodman wrote about "A Half Glass of Blessings."
- Nov. 11, Carl Schwanke of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library system (who is also known as "Iron Guy Carl" with the Boys Rule Boys Read! blog ) shared "This Turkey is Thankful For . . .."
- Nov. 14, April Halprin Wayland shared a lovely Thanku to her mom in her post "3 (Well, 5 Actually) of the Most Kindhearted People in my Life."
- Nov. 14, Linda Baie shared a Thanku in her Celebration Saturday post.
- Nov. 17, Bobbi Miller listed what she's grateful for in her post called "Apple Dumplings."
- Nov. 20, Annis posted her poem "Gratitude and Appreciation" at her blog, Poems by Annis.
- Nov. 21, JoAnn Early Macken shared a Thanku in her post "Thanks from the Depths."
- Nov. 24, Esther included a wonderful Thanku called "Obrigado to my Grandson Gabe" in her post "Yet One More Thanks-Giving Thanku."
- Wendy, who blogs at An Education in Books, who wrote: "I am thankful for my family and for the unexpected snow!"
- And Julie Phend, who said, "I am grateful for:
A wonderful network of writers through SCBWI.Don't forget to check out today's Poetry Friday round-up over at Carol's Corner.
My two challenging, supportive writers groups: one in Illinois and one in Virginia.
My family, who provide inspiration, encouragement, ideas, and yes--distractions."