1) We're migrating to a new email subscription service
Google will soon be discontinuing Feedburner, which is the software we've always used for the TeachingAuthors email list. So we'll be migrating our email list to follow.it software. If you're an email subscriber, there are several things we want you to know:
- We're hoping the transition will be seamless. However, if you stop getting our emails, please visit the TeachingAuthors site and enter your email address in the sidebar box labeled SUBSCRIBE VIA FOLLOW.IT. Then be sure to verify your subscription when you receive the confirmation email.
- The "from" field of our future emails will now read "follow.it." That means you'll no longer be able to reply directly to our emails. If you have questions or comments that you don't want to post using the comments option on the TeachingAuthors site itself, you may email us via teachingauthors [at] gmail [dot] com.
- In the first email you receive from us via follow.it, you'll need to confirm that you want to continue receiving our TeachingAuthors posts. If you don't, follow.it will remove you from our subscription list.
2) What you may have missed from Zeena's latest post
Unfortunately, due to issues with our blogging software, video clips no longer appear in our post emails. That means that if you didn't read Zeena's last post online, you missed seeing some wonderful videos that really bring her post to life. (The large gaps in the email message are where the videos should have appeared!) When you're done reading this email, I encourage you to go to the TeachingAuthors site to watch the video clips. They feature the locations that inspired Zeena's book and the setting where the play based on her story was staged. You'll find them here.