Were one to use the Word Frequency Counter offered below, it’s likely the word “true” would come up in the Top Three.
• As in,
when it comes to marketing, promotion and Social Media, use those tools
and platforms true to who you are and what you want and need.
• As in,
stay true to your story and that’s the one you’ll publish.
Surprise guest speaker Henry Winkler, co-author with SCBWI founder and Executive Director Lin Oliver of the Hank Zipzer and Ghost Buddy series, said it best: “Just put one foot in front of another…”
Friday’s Marketing Intensive for Professional Writers, organized and led by Susan Raab,
brought me up close and personal with today’s cutting-edge marketing and promotional tools, techniques and platforms.
- Odyl, which helps authors and publishers connect with readers on Facebook
- Write Words, a word frequency counter
- Pinterest, an online pin board
- Brooklyn Arden, the blog of Arthur A. Levine Editor Cheryl Klein (Check out her January 29 post on her Revision Workshop!)
- The Dropbox app, a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs and videos anywhere and share them easily so you never need to email yourself a file again!
See you there?